Blocked energy in our 7 Chakras can often lead to illness so it’s important to understand what each Chakra represents and what we can do to keep this energy flowing freely.
Here’s quick summary of the 7 Chakras:
1. Root Chakra – Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.
- Stomping your bare feet on the ground. Remember, the Root Chakra is all about feeling “grounded.”
- Practicing Kundalini Yoga can open up your lower spine. Bridge Pose is another good yoga pose to try out.
- Red colored foods (apples and beets)
- Hot spices (Red cayenne peppers and Tabasco sauce)
- Vegetables from the ground (potatoes and carrots)
2. Sacral Chakra – Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in.
Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality.
- Pelvic thrusts
- Cobra Yoga Pose
- Orange colored foods (oranges, tangerines)
- Nuts (any kind)
3. Solar Plexus Chakra – Our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives.
Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem.
- Kundalini Yoga, Boat Pose
- Dancing. Shake those hips!
- Yellow colored foods (corn)
- Grains and fiber (granola, whole wheat bread)
- Teas (peppermint, chamomile tea)
4. Heart Chakra – Our ability to love.
Location: Center of chest just above heart.
Emotional issues: Love, joy, inner peace.
- Bikram Yoga
- Love, love, love. Simply opening up our hearts to others is the best healing exercise to open up the Heart Chakra.
- Green colored foods (leafy vegetables, spinach)
- Green tea
5. Throat Chakra – Our ability to communicate.
Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth.
- Shoulder stand
- Singing, chanting
- Juices and teas
- Fruits (all kinds)
6. Third Eye Chakra – Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
Location: Forehead between the eyes. (Also called the Brow Chakra)
Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
- Child’s Pose or other types of yoga poses with forward bends.
- Eye exercises.
- Herbal oil treatment.
- Purple colored fruits (grapes, blueberries)
- Lavender flavored spices or tea
7. Crown Chakra – The highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
Location: The very top of the head.
Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss.
- Running or cardio
Healing Foods: Since the Crown Chakra represents our spiritual connection to our surroundings, this Chakra does not benefit from healing foods. The Crown Chakra is more likely to benefit from breathing clean and fresh air and sunshine.
Courtesy: Mind Body Green